Skip to content

EUMETSAT Monitoring soil moisture from space

6 April 2012

EUMETSAT – News – Monitoring soil moisture from space.

Fascinating to see how the soil moisture content has changed over recent years, and what the technology can show us.

  • Spain has had only 14% its normal rainfall over the last 12 months and a record-breaking dry winter, the driest for 70 years.
  • According to the Portuguese Drought Monitoring Centre of the Institute of Meteorology, more than half of the mainland is in a situation of extreme drought (53%) and the remaining portion (47%) is in severe drought.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: